Today I want to speak about “Live-Streaming apps” !
“Social Media or Video Apps are not dangerous as long as you configure it”
Many kids under 15 have smartphones and are using Social Media.
The past six months, streaming & live video apps are the major trend and kids are using them (Periscope, Snapchat, live.ly, Facebook live, Livestream, Omegle …)
It looks innocent and perhaps you are thinking that if they are connecting with their friends its safe, BUT
There is no control, everybody can see their lives. Except on Snapchat, people don’t need to be friends to see the lives and you know how kids want to be loved and accepted by everybody!
The problem is that dangerous people can satisfy their perversion behind their cameras without getting worried.
Many children love to do Q/A or “truth or dare” and you can imagine what kind of dare could be asked, and screenshotted, and shared …
Same thing about Chat Video programs like Omegle, it’s a random Video Chat and on this kind of app there are many people on it for bad reasons.
My recommendations to keep your kids safe:
– Explain to your kids how to protect themselves and why you need an access to these kinds of apps.
– Don’t leave the phone with your kids during the night.
– Add your kids with an account you have created and activate notifications to see what they are doing and when.
– Create the account for your kids so you can manage privacy settings.
– Take a look at their friend’s request.